The GIG project implements the following services:
1. Research activities.
2. Innovative combination of teaching process and content.
3. Integration of the interests and values of society into science, technology, research and innovation through the holding of event-events.
1. Research activities – joint (society and science) creative process of scientific research.
The process of integration of the society into science – project foresees both systematic involvement of society into research activities (multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research combining engineering, science, humanities and technological progress) and innovations.
Researches of the project are aimed on the following:
• Development of the interest and potential of people to science and provision of the opportunity for active participation in various scientific events and workshops;
• Help to distribute the information and best practices via knowledge-sharing platform in terms of the project, including creation of online educational site, monitoring and evaluation of relevant initiatives;
• Creation of new scientific - technical solutions via co-creation in the following spheres:
- alternative energy sources
- creation of new environmental materials
- development of new types of ecological hydro power stations for low-water and low drop rivers, less than 3 meters
- creation of pilot versions and their application in society
- research into new 4GVR capabilities in training and perceiving of the world from the other hand
- smart house - as an element of research
2. Innovative combination of process and content - educational program.
The project applies integrated approach that involves all sensory systems and motor skills of children, teenagers, adults, and ensures the acceptance of information at the highest possible level.
An important component of the training space is the special zoning of the project zone - division into thematic zones with appropriate design - solutions and technical content.
Design of each individual zone - is the addition of training content. Design includes advanced lighting solutions from Philips Lighting and projections from Epson. Project will use the latest achievements of 2017, to obtain a room with a change of atmosphere and fullness - the maximum approximation to the reality. Perception of exhibits and zoned space occurs on two levels:
• first - initial level, interaction with interactive artifacts and standard review;
• second (upper) level - is specially equipped area, on which it is possible to climb and have a look at the author's design solutions on above, from different angle, and see what is inaccessible from the lower tier.
First zone – Space-G space zone.
• Space - is the source and the beginning of all that exists on the planet Earth.
• Interaction of people with space and awareness of itself as a part of outer space.
• The zone is filled with robotic exhibits for interaction with children, teenagers and adults.
Second zone – water world.
• Water - is the source of life on the Planet Earth, its’ worth for People.
Third zone – geo-zone.
• Modeled snow map of the Earth in order to focus the attention of the society on the topic of Global Warming.
Fourth zone – innovative solutions and technologies.
• to show relation between the preservation of the environment, natural resources and the necessary modern innovative solutions for this purpose
Fifth zone – Bio Garden.
• focus on the environment and conservation of energy resources
• the need of People to use alternative energy sources
The purpose of the training program is integration of children, youth, family institute into science and innovation, via transfer of knowledge and information on the material - technical base of an innovative - equipped site.
• Theoretical stage – acquaintance with the topic:
Watching of scientific and educational content in Full Dome in spherical cinema 360, in panoramic cinema alternately, or depending choice of participant. There are programs that allow children, teenagers and adults to travel on planet or galaxy upon their choice. Space is available for private presentations.
Visual and aural perception.
• Opened experimental laboratories:
In these laboratories takes place practical consolidation of theoretical information obtained earlier in the form of experiments, researches.
GIG project laboratories - are interactive research centers, in which, anyone can study scientific methods, achievements of science, medicine, biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics. On the basis of innovative methods there will be created unique set of methods, techniques, tools and conditions for teaching of different topics in opened scientific laboratories.
• «Experimental stage»- HALL OF EXHIBITS:
Hall of exhibits - is space in which hundreds of exhibits teach, amuse and amaze child, teenager, and adult.
The purpose - is assimilation of scientific information in form of game: using dynamic exhibits and interaction with them.
Interaction with the exhibit demonstrates natural phenomena, the relation man-technology, man-nature, and man-science.
Forth stage – «game experiment» in Soft/Game zone.
The information received by a child, teenager or adult earlier acquires entertaining form: emotional, mental and physical abilities are involved.
Game form of transfer of information reduces the level of psychological protection, which prevents to understand and accept new information, to master new skills.
Game content is applicable:
a. Developed for teaching of methods of GIG project by connecting to IT cluster of Ukraine and Europe.
b. Any content related to advanced achievements.
Fifth stage – «consolidation of passed material» - 4GVR zone.
The purpose is to simulate processes demonstration of which in real life can be complicated, dangerous or economically impractical, herewith, using the entire range of sensory systems.
To provide "visually" the information that is not available for reception by person (visualization, audiology, etc.).
This stage consolidates all the information, which child, teenager or adult received during four stages earlier in interactive form.
On picture 1 are shown all sensory systems of person that are involved in the process of stage-by-stage training.
The idea of online site - is training, sharing of information with leading educational and scientific organizations, filling of base of content, updating of it. This element of the project helps to obtain the necessary information from anywhere in the world and try out new methods and programs. The purpose - is to find innovative solutions that will result from the work of the project.
3. Integration of interests and values of society into science, technologies, researches and innovation activities:
• Improvement of the quality, relevance, social acceptability
• Sustainability of results of researches and innovations in various areas of activities, starting from social innovations to Nano-technologies.
• Cognitive activity, via entertainment content:
1) Smart house.
Smart house - lounge area, designed as cozy house. The purpose - is house of the future, researches and testing on real samples and people necessary achievements to improve the life of different social groups and their way of life.
The result - is follow-up study of systems IOS and Android (used in demonstration) in design laboratory.
2) Software Zone
Software/Game Zone –zone for demonstration of new programs, IT developments, Internet technologies, testing with various alpha and beta versions of software. Obtaining of conclusions under results of testing of alpha and beta versions with complete report for completion of development of software. Also evaluating of the use of this software in society, on the basis of which can be conducted comprehensive investigation.
Result – developed software that maximally meets the requirements of society and scientific - technological progress. It is related to the scientific, game, cognitive software, used in life and the training program.
3) Conference Hall
The conference hall is a complex of specially equipped premises for carrying out events of various formats: from small conference rooms to the cinema halls. Total number of seats in the conference centre - 500 people.
Bio-Garden 1, 2 – project zones that are located on the roof. It comprises plantations, recreation area, and also partially zone of exhibits. Here you can see several types of new solar cells: from ultra-thin to new generation batteries; newest wind farms and other sources of alternative energy, for example, sources that function by extracting energy from waste and biological components.
5) Children’s TV
Children's television. Broadcast of videos about the life of the project, provision of information about it - by eyes of children. Leading Children's TV - children. In this premise also is planned to hold electives and additional classes for children on different topics.
6) Children’s Journalism
Separate direction of the project, a specially organized newspaper that will be created with help of children in order to inform society about the project.