Development of a pharmaceutical company:
- focus mainly on original proprietary products
- development of three areas: pharmaceuticals, cosmetics (therapeutic and for daily use, veterinary)
- sales of products on the territory of Ukraine and on foreign markets
Available ready registered trademarks. Also in the presence of new products that are being developed.
For the full implementation of the project we need to:
1. Availability of own production capacity
2. Financial opportunity for a full-fledged product launch in Europe and Asia.
- Currently the total sales of all goods "pharmacy basket" in Ukraine exceeded $ 2 billion, but each medication has its own market size, limited prevalence of pathology. Accordingly, in this case we are talking about the formation of a product portfolio of several dozen names, respectively, for each drug there is its own segment of the market.
- The volume of Ukrainian cosmetics market exceeded $ 1 billion, and its tendency to increase, and the total number registered in Ukraine funds for personal hygiene only about 200 names. At the same time about 40% of the market occupied by products for skin and hair care products
Problem or Opportunity
- Absolute majority of registered medicines in Ukraine and CIS countries are generic and traditional; the share of original medicines is extremely small (about 5% in physical terms and 17% in monetary terms);
- the absolute leaders in sales in the segment of cosmetic products for daily use are products containing surfactants, etc .;
- to take market share both in Ukraine and in foreign markets through innovative products (medicines, organic cosmetics for daily use and veterinary medicine) and positioning the company as an R & D oriented company;
- ensure profitability of the project due to the formation of optimal product portfolios and sales of secondary services
Solution (product or service)
Development and implementation of original medicinal, cosmetic and veterinary products in Ukraine and in foreign markets, the formula of which is protected by a patent (20 years), which gives the right to exclusive distribution and protects against the appearance of generics. Supplement traditional products (medium and low cost), which will allow access to different categories of consumers.
For each product has its own direct and indirect competitors
Advantages or differentiators
The presence of the original patented products (medicines, cosmetics, veterinary medicine) gives the right to exclusive distribution and prevents the appearance of generics on the patent term (10-20 years).
Differential positioning of the company as a whole as focused on the development of new original products.
The required amount is necessary for the construction of the plant, the formation of the product portfolio, its registration in Ukraine and abroad.
Strategic goals of the company:
- within the first year of launch, go to the breakeven point
- in the second year of the launch to take market share in each segment and to provide the project payback
- by the third year of launch, it is planned to reach the breakeven point in foreign markets.
Principle of price formation:
- For the original products protected by a patent, it is expected high trading margin, limited features of each market segment
- Traditional or platform products occupy an average price category
- If necessary and high potential in the product portfolios can be added goods of low price category
- Each product portfolio contains an original high-margin, patented "locomotive" that "pulls" other products
- Positioning cosmetic and veterinary products "from a pharmaceutical company focused on R & D" will increase customer loyalty to these products
- The simultaneous launch of products both in Ukraine and in foreign markets, on the one hand increases the "breakeven point", on the other - will help to more quickly increase the profits from the sale of products in foreign markets
- Take market share in each segment due to an active advertising campaign at launch.
- optimal branding embodiment is not only individual products, but also the company as a whole, will increase the final consumer loyalty to the whole range of products
- Generation of profit from the sale of secondary products and services in the B2B segment (contract production services, etc.)
Money will be spent on
- Construction of a pharmaceutical plant
- Formation of the product portfolio
- Registration and launch of products in Ukraine and abroad
The task of simultaneous launching of products in Ukraine and on foreign markets is not only to increase profits, but also to level out possible risks associated with external factors (aggravation of the political situation, etc.)