Raccoon.Recovery gives you access to timely physical rehabilitation, saves therapists time and helps patients recover from injuries and neurological diseases 3 times faster.
The company works on the German and Polish markets.
Raccoon.Recovery is CE certified as medical product and GDPR compliant.
Among our customers are
• Insurance company PZU Group
• Network of rehabilitation centers at the German Olympic Committee
• Max Planck Medical Institute in Germany
At the moment, the company is preparing documents for the insurance program in Germany, according to the Digital Health Law (DVG), which will make it possible to be fully covered by insurances on the German market.
About the project in numbers:
• Design Concept - December 2017
• Launching a rehab solution for hands - August 2019
• Launching a rehab solution for full body - April 2020
• Revenue in 2019 - € 112K
• Forecast for 2020 - € 700K
• LTV 24 months
• IPO - in 3-4 years
• Clients in April - May 2020 - +41 clinics and +280 patients
The company's clients are rehabilitation centers.
Target markets are divided into two groups: markets with a developed insurance system (e.g. Germany) and markets where patients pay out of pocket. For the first group the company sale through insurance companies, government programs and associations, and for the second group, distributors and digital marketing are the best channels.
Target countries in 2020: Germany and Poland.
Problem or Opportunity
• Every year more than 275 million people need long-term rehabilitation after injuries and neurological diseases (daily therapy from 2 months to 2 years)
• Due to lack of therpists, only 40 percent of patients have access to timely rehabilitation
• It is difficult for patients to evaluate the effectiveness of existing therapy, as a result 7 out of 10 patients abandon therapy and remain with disabilities
Solution (product or service)
Raccoon.Recovery is an online platform for physical rehabilitation after injuries and neurological diseases that provides access to remote rehabilitation from anywhere in the world, saves therapists time and helps patients faster achieve their rehabilitation goals.
Raccoon.Recovery makes it possible to conduct a digital examination, conduct a rehabilitation course, perform exercises, play games for therapy needs, watch therapy videos, monitor patient progress remotely, and there is also a built-in messenger for communication between the patient and the therapist. To control the correctness of the exercise, patients can use additional sensors or install the application for tracking movements on their phone.
Disadvantages of existing solutions:
- bulky and intended only for use in the clinic, not suitable for telerehabilitation
- there is no gamification to involve patients in the rehabilitation process
- there is no monitoring to evaluate the effectiveness of therapy
- not suitable for all stages of rehabilitation
Advantages or differentiators
1. Automation of patient examination and automation of reporting to save therapists time
2. Recommendations for the therapist on creating and adjusting courses based on ML to save therapists time
3. Expanded examination of patients to understand the holistic picture of the patient's conditions
4. Goal-oriented rehabilitation (eating, running or playing tennis on your own)
5. Integration with existing games to motivate patients and involve patients in the process
Raccoon.Recovery is available by subscription. The clinic pays monthly fee for the number of users (the number of patients and therapists who used the solution in a month).
Depending on the functionality, the monthly subscription for one user is 9.99 / 19.99 / 49.99 euros.
The average monthly check from the clinic is 1,500 euros.
The average CAC is 1,000 euros.
Money will be spent on
Marketing and sales in the market of Germany and Poland
Offer for investor
Convertible loan with conversion with evaluation based on achieved KPI
• MIT Enterprise Forum CEE 2019
• Startupbootcamp Digital Health Berlin 2018
• 10-week program from Y Combinator school
Won the competition and other awards
• Top 12 Most Promising Tele-Rehab Projects Based on a Fortune 100 Analysis
• TOP 40 European Startups in European health investment forum in Helsinki 2019
• Finalist of Grand Pitching show on Wolves Summit Poland 2019
• Winner of Startup World Cup Ukraine 2019
• Horizon2020 2018 - a grant from the European Union in the amount of 50 thousand euros
• CRDF Global - business grant 5000 dollars
• Vernadsky challenge 2017 - we won the audience award with a prize fund of 200 000 UAH
Raccoon.Recovery has identified several objects of IP. Applications for registration of intellectual property are submitted through the Ukrainian Intellectual Property Institute according to international conventions. Based on them, applications for registration of IP in the countries will be submitted.
1. Patent for invention. Raccoon.Recovery patentability primarily lies in the novelty and inventive character of the rehabilitation method thanks to an integrated approach to collecting and analyzing 7 data groups, on the basis of which a goal-oriented personalized course of physical rehabilitation for each patient is estimated and then adjusted in the real time due to the progress or regress of each patient.
2. Industrial design. The team worked for a long time on the ergonomics of their devices by testing different shapes, fixtures, texture and weight to make it as easy to use as possible. Therefore, Raccoon.Recovery wants to protect the appearance of the hardware.
3. Trademark. The company cares about branding and plans to provide API under company own brand.