Everyrun is a platform that allows anyone to organise races and sports events - connecting thousands of runners and race organisers around the world.
Since we launched the platform, it has grown to be a community of 7000 runners and about 30 event organisers.
So far we have been concentrating on B2C market and our growth rate were jumping about 12% with each new event organiser joining the platform. So we are switching to a B2B model and after rebuilding the new platform we are targeting event organisers to ensure constant growth.
Sports tourism represents about 10% of the global expenditure on tourism. Europe was the largest market in the global sport tourism industry in 2018, according to VynZ research, followed by North America. The global sports tourism market was valued at €1.5 billion in 2018 and was expected to grow to close to €7 billion by 2023, which is an average annual growth rate of 36%, making it the fastest growing tourism market.
The global event management software market size is expected to grow from USD 3.6 billion in 2020 to USD 6.4 billion by 2026, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 10.0% during the forecast period.
We have 2 types of customers:
- Race organisers: open-minded athletes, who want to become a community leaders and bring running in their communities by organising a regular sport activities.
- Runners: an individuals, who are looking for a ways to stay fit and find connections as well as meet like-minded people through participation in regular community sport events.
Problem or Opportunity
Race organisers: High entrance barriers and expensive technologies for organising competitive events and races (race timing, event registration, ticketing solution).
Runners: Need to register for each event, results not stored in one place, trouble finding information about upcoming local sport events.
Solution (product or service)
We are building a modern and interactive online platform and mobile application to create a market place, where anyone can create sports events (free or payed) and reach thousands of registered athletes on the platform.
Benefits for events organisers:
- low entrance barriers
- free access to the timing solution and ticketing system
Benefits for athletes:
- a wide range of free or paid community events
- possibility to track your progress and run history in the personal profile
- possibility to integrate your running data with other sources (Run keeper, Strava)
Our biggest competitor is Parkrun - they had 1.1 million people attending their events in 2016. RunSignup has very similar concept but they only covering US market and they may become a competitor
Advantages or differentiators
Unlike Parkrun, we are giving the organisers a freedom to organise events in their own way and format, while providing all necessary tools and knowledge for it as well as community of runners.
- Premium event listing
- -We charge a fixed % from each ticket sold on our platform
- Premium features for race organisers
- Value-driven approach
- Technological development
- Professional services
Business Model: platform
-Awareness: owned social media, local, national media, existing contacts, word of mouth
-Evaluation: free registration, organise a free race, website(knowledge base)
-Aftersales: e-mail marketing, social media communications
-Number of tickets sold (total booking volume)
-Customer acquisition cost
- Retention rate
The biggest risk for us is the Corona virus and future lockdown, when people are not allowed to meet in the groups even outside. But for this we are preparing a possibility to organise a new format of races, where people can run individually.
The other risk is luck of investment, so we may not be able to move as fast as we would like to, but we are working on achieving BE in a short term to ensure sustainability of the company.
Incubation/Acceleration programs accomplishment
- Pre-acceleration program, supported by EIT digital and Startup Wise Guys
- The Huge Thing accelerator program, supported by Google