Business model: B2B (Business to business) / B2P (Business to person)/B2G
Promotion tools: internet marketing, social network promotions, image/other projects (festivals, competitions, exhibitions, forums); own image and social projects (interactive quest for children, CG artist school, dance show).
Pricing: complex product, no product catalogue with prices available – cost of every project depends on a wide variety of factors. Average content production price is available (from 50-150 USD for 1 second of 3D content). Equipment rental prices and cost of technical staff services are available. Cost of structure, decoration production as well as assembly and logistics are calculated individually every time.
Average project bill: varies based on the region. Ukraine – 7000 – 10000 USD, foreign projects – 15000 – 20000 USD.
From 3 to 10 project are being done per month (of varying complexity).
Sales channels: website (hosts the portfolio), social networks (youtube, facebook, Instagram, linkedin), through project managers (5 employees, they receive 10% of project net profit) or through agents.
To a significant portion of the clients we are recommended by third parties (approximately 10%) or they are a returning customer (approximately 15%).
1. The sale: request (from website, partner, agent or returning client) gets transferred to the main office via email or messenger to the operation director or office coordinator. Potential project gets distributed and fixed among project managers (we have 5 at the moment) for further development. Currently Bitrix24 CRM system is being implemented to support this process.
Corresponding project managers sends brief template to potential client, this document contains common questions to help us analyze the project. Project managers together with head of studio and technical director evaluate the project, approve it with the client. After approving costs, deadlines and the scope of work, client signs the contract and we receive prepayment (usually 50% of the total project cost).
2. Project implementation: project manager is fully responsible for the project. PM form project work group, which consists of artist-superviser, concept artists, 2D/3D artists, technical professionals, video engineers, decoration professionals. A list of constant contractors is also available for additional tech solutions, etc. Timeline gets created and task being split. Telegram project group-chat and a cloud storage directory get setup, regular status meetings get scheduled. PM keeps in touch with the client all the way, transfers all requests and edits to the work group.
3. Creative process: usually creative ideas for projects get generated via brainstorms under supervision of creative director, head of studio, decoration production director, technical professionals and project manager.
4. Content production: responsible – head of studio, keeps track of the overall artist workload on all projects in production.
5. Participation on site on the project day itself – by previous agreement. Content delivery – by cloud storage link or physical drive, depending on the size of the content.
6. Closing the project: all parts of the project get archived, post-payment received, all accounting questions closed, payments roll out to contractors, agents and work group.
In case we need to scale production, additional designers and concept artists are involved on freelance basis.